As an Awarded Open Source Micro Movie General Producer, you will be responsible for leading the production of micro movies that are created using open source tools and resources. You will oversee the entire production process, from concept development to post-production, and ensure that the micro movies adhere to the principles of open source software, such as free distribution, collaboration, and community involvement. Your role will involve managing a team of filmmakers, editors, and other production staff, as well as coordinating with external contributors and stakeholders. You will also be responsible for maintaining the artistic vision and creative integrity of the micro movies, while adhering to budget and timeline constraints.
- Project Management: Lead and oversee the entire production process of micro movies, including concept development, pre-production, production, post-production, and distribution. Develop and manage project timelines, budgets, and resources to ensure successful completion of micro movies.
- Team Management: Build and lead a team of filmmakers, editors, and other production staff. Assign roles and responsibilities, provide guidance, and facilitate effective communication among team members. Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- Creative Direction: Maintain the artistic vision and creative integrity of the micro movies, ensuring that they align with the open source philosophy and principles. Provide guidance on story development, scriptwriting, cinematography, sound design, and other creative aspects of the production process.
- Open Source Advocacy: Promote the use of open source tools and resources in micro movie production, and actively engage with the open source community. Collaborate with external contributors and stakeholders to foster a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing, and community involvement.
- Quality Control: Ensure that the micro movies meet high standards of production quality, including video and audio quality, storytelling, and technical specifications. Review and provide feedback on drafts, edits, and final cuts to ensure that they align with the artistic vision and intended audience.
- Distribution and Promotion: Develop strategies for distributing and promoting the micro movies to a wide audience, including online platforms, film festivals, and other relevant channels. Collaborate with marketing and publicity teams to create promotional materials and campaigns.
- Budget and Resource Management: Manage project budgets, resources, and expenses effectively to ensure that the micro movies are produced within budget constraints. Identify and secure funding opportunities, sponsorships, and partnerships to support the production of micro movies.
- Proven experience as a producer in the film or media industry, with a strong portfolio of successful micro movies or other film projects.
- In-depth knowledge of open source software and the principles of free distribution, collaboration, and community involvement.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate, and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Excellent creative and artistic skills, with a keen eye for storytelling, cinematography, sound design, and other creative aspects of film production.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to develop and manage timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with open source tools and resources commonly used in film production, such as Blender, Kdenlive, Audacity, and others.
- Knowledge of film distribution channels, film festivals, and online platforms for promoting and distributing films.
- Passion for open source philosophy, filmmaking, and storytelling, with a deep understanding of the impact and potential of open source micro movies.
- Degree in film production, media arts, or related field is preferred, but not mandatory.
If you are a creative and visionary producer who is passionate about open source philosophy and micro movie production, we invite you to join our team as an Awarded Open Source Micro Movie General Producer
We offer stock options currently as a compensation for every team member. Per-hour rates are to be set, but are subejct to be issued only with the funding coming.
This role would take from you as much as you would be happy to input, but we don’t believe you can achieve anything with less than 20 hours a week.
We would accept both office and remote work hours.
You need to attend certain meetings, but otherwise you can be flexible.
We are a startup, so for us in the first place is the ability of our team mate to have a good control over the wholesome parts of the product connected with the skill to implement it in a self-managing work environment.
AR.VO is a part of Maria01 and Helsinki XR Center communities, so we stick with those locations as our headquarters. We do have extensive development/work environment at Helsinki XR Center almost 24/7.
- we have a team who can find their daily bread from different sources with ease, and their future potential with AR.VO
- we've figured out our product and market fit out of our previous development and are actively applying for funding right now.
If you are excited about working on cutting-edge technology in a dynamic startup environment, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the position.